The Summer has passed and the time of harvest will be coming to a close at the end of this month. The Sun has entered Virgo, and we move towards the Autumn Equinox on 22nd September, the last day before the Sun moves on into Libra. Virgo is attributed to The Hermit card the in the Tarot:
The highest symbolism of this card is, therefore, Fertility in its most exalted sense, and this is reflected in the attribution of the card to the sign of Virgo, which is another aspect of the same quality. Virgo is an earthy sign, and is referred especially to Corn, so that the background of the card is a field of wheat.
Virgo represents the lowest, most receptive, most feminine form of earth, and forms the crust over Hades. Yet not only is Virgo ruled by Mercury, but Mercury is exalted therein. Compare the Ten of Disks, and the general doctrine that the climax of the Descent into Matter is the signal for the reintegration by Spirit. It is the Formula of the Princess, the mode of fulfilment of the Great Work.
– The Book of Thoth: A Short Essay on the Tarot of the Egyptians Being The Equinox Volume III No. V
All dates in this bulletin are e.v. throughout.
This month we have the following events coming up at the Lodge:
- Monday, 5th: Thelemic Reading & Lucid Dreaming Groups
- Friday, 9th: AIM Class – First Degree Initiation roles
- Friday, 16th: Thelemic Workings
- Thursday, 22nd: Feast of the Times – Autumn Equinox
- Saturday, 24th: Initiations Meeting
- Sunday, 25th: Celebration of the Gnostic Mass